The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pacasmayo to Huanchaco on the truck. 112 kms.

When I got up this morning I got dressed in my lycra and went down for breakfast. As the seconds ticked away I knew that I was not feeling well and riding another 112 kms feeling shit but just down right stupid. I told Barry that I had to go back to the room and change into my normal clothes and that I was going to take the truck.

There are some riders, just like those in the Cairo to Capetown ride that would rather ride with terrible sickness than to ride the truck, just for the sake of riding every inch of the trip regardless of the damage it may cause to them.  Me, I don't care, I'm on a holiday.

I loaded the bike onto the truck and headed off to Huanchaco. We arrived in town around 11 am and quickly on loaded all the bags  from the truck, got my room and went to bed. I was stuffed.

The riders arrived around 1 pm and I joined in for a bowl of soup. I wasn't eating and just thinking about eating bread and jam made me ill. I went back and laid down all afternoon. Just before dinner as the sun was setting Buck, James and I walked along the beach front to check out the scenery. Didn't see anyone swimming, probably because the water was freezing, but we did see people tending their fishing nets and getting ready to go out and catch a boat load.

I did take some Norfloxacin Sandoz which was given to me by Michelle which seem to have done the job on my stomach. Dinner last night was a disgusting, a piece of rubber fish which was inedible and a hand full of potato chips. I left early and went back to the hotel to lay down, I was stuffed.

When I did get back to the hotel I was met by David and Susan, 2 extremely nice people from England who are also taking part in the tour. Dave had just been bitten by a dog and the skin had been broken. I heard later on that he went to about 3 hospitals and none of them had the vaccination shot he needed. Looks like he'll have to do some more searching tomorrow.
 The photo above was taken walking along the beach at Huanchaco.
 These Pelicans are everywhere on the beach and they don't move for you. You have to walk around them.
 We came across some kids diving for these small crabs near the pier.
The photo above is of Buck's breakfast today.

I know I'm late with this post but when you're unwell you just couldn't be bothered to do anything other than to lay down and rest. I went through the same thing when I was in Kosovo last year with my good friend Peter Felvus. Damn we were sick in that place.

Tomorrow will be another easy day and perhaps I'll go into Trujillo to look around the shops. Do some shopping and might even get an airport.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment