The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

2 rest days in Huanchaco. On the mend and ready to start tomorrow.

Firstly, I'm not a good patient and in fact I hate being ill. For the past 2 days I went into the main city of Trujillo to do some looking around with Buck and James, got a hair cut, went to a couple of churches, caught the local bus, a couple of taxis, and rested up.

Last night we went to Lupcho's house for a party and a majority of the cyclists attended the event. His family had gone to great lengths in ensuring he night was a success. They had strobe lighting, enough lights to light up the Sydney Football Stadium and loud Peruvian music. It was a great night and a special event on tour. Buck and I left the party close to 10 pm, as I was still tired and working hard on getting over this damn stomach bug. I would say I'm about 90% and I'm really looking forward to getting back on the bike tomorrow.
 We took the local Peruvian bus into Trujillo today, would have been a lot quicker to catch the taxi.
 The photo above is of yet another Cathedral. This Cathedral is the Basilica Nemar which is quite spectacular inside.
 That's James in the barber's chair. Myself and Buck also got a hair cut but you won't be seeing any photos of my head until it's a bit longer. It cost 3 Sol each which is about $1.15 Australian, and to my 2 cycling buddies, NO, I didn't try and get it cheaper. Actually I was given a chocolate for being so good whilst I got my haircut, and out of the goodness in my heart I gave it to the young girl who cut my hair.
 The roof inside the Basilica was painted beautifully. The iPhone doesn't do the painted justice.
 More of the amazing ceiling inside Basilica Nemar, Trujillo.
It's a real shame I didn't go and eat at Restaurant Jesus the previous day, I might'n have ended up sick. Found the restaurant at the end of today's walk. 
Today we only went for a walk up town and bought another T-Shirt to add to my collection, or might even given one away when I get home. I had to change the tires on my bike from road tires to dirt tyres as from now on we're going to be spending a lot of time in the mountains and on dirt. This is the part I really enjoy.

This afternoon I'm spending it laying on the bed, listening to some music and doing nothing. Tomorrow is the start of a 4 day leg to the city of Huaraz where I have some interesting stuff arranged. Since we'll be bush camping for the next 2 nights, no blogs until the next hotel in 3 days. 

As you workers are slowly dragging your lazy butts out of bed and getting ready for work, I'm going to sleep to get ready to attack the dirt and no shower for the next 3 days. Bring it on.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.


No comments:

Post a Comment