The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wollongong Hawks donate signed jersey for fundraiser.

After another beautiful day riding the bike and meeting up with some of my old mates for a coffee.  During my coffee I came across Australian Olympic basketball player Glenn Saville.  I've never met the man before so I thought why not see if the Wollongong Hawks would donate a signed jersey.  Glenn got on the phone and rung the office and within a couple of minutes a jersey was waiting for me.  You couldn't meet a nicer person.  So off I went to the office and again I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the Hawks staff.  Please get behind the hawks this year, they're not only good ambassadors to the region, but a nice bunch of people who support visually impaired cyclists of the Illawarra.  Thanks Glenn for your help.

Glenn Saville, Australian Olympic Basketball representative.  I'm the short guy, so Glenn reckons.

1 comment: