The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1st leg completed. Safely in Cairo.

Finally arrived at Cairo Airport, picked up the bike box, and my extra bag, ADHAN was waiting for me and took me straight to the Australian Hotel.  Like a backpacker place.  Threw everything in the room, just like home, didn't bother to clean the place up as it's not mine, and went downstairs hailed a cab and headed off to the Sudanese Embassy.  The embassy is like a little shop, but at $100 US a visa, it does at roaring trade.  Saw a couple of tourists who looked like they were doing the tour, but too early to make myself known to them.  I'm sure they'll know who I am by the time I terrorize them for 4 months.  Just spoke to Graciella and Matt via video link, and both look pretty tired after not sleeping last night.  I thought she would have slept like a log spreading all out over the bed.  (like usual).  I haven't had a chance to go over the donations from paypal but it will happen shortly. Now bugger off and let me have a sleep.

I would like to thank Allan and Penny Dale of Ulladulla for their kind donation to Cairo to Capetown 2011.

I would also like to acknowledge Mr Kieran McLeod for his help in video editing and setting up my website. I should have mentioned this on Saturday night, but was a little bit busy.

1 comment: