The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

24hrs till lift off.

Wow what a night.  We had a fantastic night last night and today was cleaning up my room and trying to fit my bike in the box and the rest of the stuff that needs to go with me for the next 4 months.  My parents came over to wish me a safe journey, they're getting ready for their return back home some 750kms away.  I received a couple of emails and sms today saying what a fabulous night.  I can't possibly thank everyone, but I'm so grateful to every person that attended on the evening. 

To my major sponsors, Cottonwood lodge, Fleets sportsworld,  Rambor PTY LTD, SOTO Group, Spearman Cycles, I am indebted to you for supporting Cairo to Capetown 2011.

I had Mr Ken Robertson from the Mercury come over today for some last minute photo's for tomorrow's newspaper.  I'll have to sign your copies when I get back.  All the best for now, and I'll see you in Africa.

1 comment: