The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sudan visa obtained, being a tourist.

step pyramid, saqqara

just another police officer doing what he does best.
Terence Barry with the Red Pyramid in the distance.  Amazing.
After a terrific sleep, I headed off to the Sudanese Embassy, no line this time, and was walking out with my passport in 30 seconds.  Back to the Backpackers to meet up with some young ones for a day tour of Saqqara, Dahshur & Mit Rahina Museum.  The weather was perfect all day.  The first pyramid was the Step Pyramid of Zoser, followed by the Red Pyramid where I had the guts to walk down inside to the bowel of the thing.  Considering I hate tunnels and small caves with a passion, I was quite pleased with my efforts.  Don't expect any history lesson during this trip as you can find out all about these places by www.google.com  it's amazing.  The last stop for the day was the Museum which is dedicated to Ramses II.  Tomorrow I head out to the Cataract Pyramid Resort at Giza, looks pretty flash as we drove past it.

1 comment: