The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Trogir to Stobrec camping ground. 30kms.

We both had a great sleep last night waking at 6.30am.  We were in no rush to complete the 30kms to our camping grounds for the next 2 days.  After riding over 550kms it is time for a rest in one of the major holiday destinations in Europe, Split, Croatia.

Unfortunately today started with a headwind and strong side winds.  At one stage crossing a big bridge the wind hit me so hard I nearly ended up against the guard rails.  It was pretty hairy riding for the 30kms.  We made our way to the outskirts of Split and took the bypass as to not enter the city.  We had to ride to our campsite on the southern side of the town which was about 6kms away.  This is better for when we head further south in the next couple of days.

The campsite is amazing with all amenities and the beach is just at our doorstep. I'm camping next to a very interesting lady who feels my tent is too close to hers and this is making her uneasy.  I don't know what shit she's on but I'm not taking any.  She ran off to see the manager of the campsite to see if I could move away from her.  The end result is that I'm not budging. 
The photo above is from my beach resort.

Tomorrow we'll be sightseeing in Split.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment