The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Nasal polyps

We woke today with the intention of going out to see on of the famous historical sites of Thailand.  They say this site was the precursor to the design of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.  Well, we didn't make it.  It was raining all morning and I certainly wasn't going to be climbing over wet rocks or getting saturated when I have a head cold.

The rest day will now be a full rest to recover.

Len and I got a lift into town and had a good look around the market.  I think Len did see a couple of things he liked.  I ended up buying some type of pasty which was quite nice.  It had corn inside a muffin.  Sounds strange, but very nice.

I went to the pharmacy to see if I could get something for my runny nose, slight cough, and sore eyes.  The pharmacist or witch doctor gave me something to cure my cough, congestion, sinus trouble.  It was called 'Nasal Polyps Relief.  It cost me 10 dollars so I thought this must be good gear.

When I got back to the hotel I did the usual google search on what the hell was nasal polyps.  What I found out was that I don't suffer from nasal polyps at all according to any medical literature I could read on the net.

The ingredients are all herbal, so what the heck, I'm taking tablets that look like they've just been dropped from the rear end of rabbit.  It mightn't get rid of my runny nose, but at least I've made a healthy donation to the local witch doctor.

Tomorrow we leave our hotel and head further north to the town of Buriram. Len's not happy because the breakfast doesn't start to 7am, that means I can sleep in to 6.59am, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Until next time.

Safe riding and good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment