The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Friday, March 8, 2013

100 degrees, 105kms.

Well today was our first real day of cycling on our tour.  When I got out of bed I realised my back tire was flat.  The tires I use are so hard to get on and when I put them on before coming on the trip I most have pinched the tube and slowly it went down.

No problem, within 5 minutes a new tube was added and we were on our way.  For the first part of the trip we had a strong tailwind.  During the monning we took breaks at the hour mark due to the intense heat.

In all we rode 105kms and at no stage did the temperature drop beneath 100 degrees.  The road was dead flat the whole day.  We stopped for lunch at this nice little roadside hut. 

I had a plate of what I thought was chicken that ended up being beef in a nice sauce and boiled rice.
Len had a similar dish.


So, with 2 nice dishes and 4 bottles of water, the price was $3 dollars.  She wanted to give me change of about 25 cents but I let her keep the change.  See I'm not a tight arse as some of my friends claim.


It was a really good ride today to officially start the tour.  We found a hotel called Botoum, which is right in the centre of Sisophon about 40kms away from the Thailand border.  The room is really big, with a nice shower, air con, fridge, cable TV and wifi in the room.  For this it cost $15 per night.  What a bargain.

The first thing we did when we got to our final destination was to have a cold shower and try and cool down.  My clothes are filthy and will have to wait till we get to Battambang tomorrow before they get a wash.  No one can smell me.

So it's time to once again go and find a place to eat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment