The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bueng Kan to Phon Phisai.

 Another great sleep last night at the One Hotel Bueng Kan.  Not happy the pool wasn't open.  They were cleaning it.  Len didn't sleep that well last night due to his air con not working the best.  Earlier on the evening he had to get his room sprayed for ants.  This shouldn't happen in a new hotel.  At least they came up to spray the room.

I was up at 5.30am and down waiting for breakfast to commence at 6am.  When I got down at 6 they were not ready.  I had some cereal, toast, no coffee or hot water, just juice.  Not very good at all.  We left the hotel at 6.30 for the long ride to Phon Phisai some 95kms away.  We were going to make it a shorter day and stop at the 45km mark of Phat Khat but decided to make tomorrow a nice ride to the border town of Nong Khai.

Today was nice and easy and we just rolled along with the usual dogs trying to bite us and me pointing my dog dazzer at them. I bought this device on ebay and when you point it at a chasing dog and push the button, they stop chasing you.  It emits a high frequency that dogs hate.  No problem with dogs now.

We had our first stop after 25kms and sat under a bus shelter.  These are really cool places to sit and relax for half an hour.
 This is just a plain old sign indicating how far we had to ride to finish the day.  The 25k mark is for today.  And tomorrow is 25 minus 71 for those who can't work it out.  The road did have some narrow sections today, but the cars always gave us plenty of room.  I must say that mirror Len gave me for my glasses is just amazing.
Now that shop in the photo is my favorite 7/11 store. It's here we get to fill our bottles with ice and get some snacks and drinks.  Now you know what I've been talking about.
After our final stop for the day at 7/11 we ride across the road to take yet another photo.  Along the road today were many stands selling pineapples and bananas. We didn't buy any because by the time we got to where ever we were staying the fruit would have been hot as hell.

About 15ks outside of Phon Phisai I got a flat tire.  And I was pissed off.  It was hot and I had to change my tube twice.  I took the wire out of the tire which I had picked up along the road and then it appears that the tube I put it also had a hole.  I mustn't have fixed it properly when I got the flats 2 weeks ago.  Amazing 2 flats, 2 weeks later, 2 more flats.  Len thought it was a huge joke and took photos of me fixing my bike yet again.  He was kind enough to lend me one of his good tubes.  He says I owe him 2 now.

We rolled into town around 1.30pm and finally found a place to stay.  Not sure of its name and I don't care.  Had a cold shower, washed my clothes and now relaxing.

Tonight we'll go for a walk to buy dinner and get a good night's sleep.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment