The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Manila, Philipines.

I had really good flight and it went so quickly.  About 800kph actually.

The checking through customs and immigration took about 15minutes and soon I was outside checking out for person carrying the sign with my name.  I like it when it says 'Terence'.  Only my mother calls me that.

After dragging the bike box and loading it into the van we drove down to the area where all the visitors are waiting for the new arrivals.  I saw Len as we drove in.  I got out of the van and put the camera on as I walked up to him.  He had no idea I was there.  I got some really good film of our meeting. 

I hadn't seen Len in well over a year and he looks in good shape.  Must be all that riding.

We went for a walk down the the Amazonia Hotel for drink and chill out for an hour.  By 10pm I was stuffed.  We went back to the hotel La Cornia and crashed.  I had a terrible sleep and was up really early.

Today we spent down at the Fort Santiago.  It's one of the oldest Hispanic stone fortresses in the country.  Fort Santiago is located in the northern part of the Walled City.  In pre colonial times this was the site of Rajah Soliman's "kuta" or fort.  The Spaniards under the term of Governor General Gomez Perez Dasmarinas fortified what was originally stone structures.

Other governors general continued to modernize Fort Santiago's defenses.  Which makes it probably the best laid ou portion of the walls.

Now I'm not in history, but I took the brochure and typed out the info for you.

Just some monuments I found at Fort Santiago.


Roxas facing the firing squad.


This is Len my cycling buddy

We walked alot today and took it pretty easy.  Tonight we're going to check out the Mall of Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment