The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Walking the streets orf Ioannina.

Today being a rest day is exactly what it should be, walking the streets and doing very little.  Peter is feeling much better but has now decided to catch the bus to Athens on Saturday and I'll start riding on my own tomorrow.  I expect the 500km ride to take about 5 days.

All we did was walk down to have a look at the Kastro of Ioannina.  The fortress dates back to the 11th century and of recent times in  the late 18th century Ali Pasha accomplished a number of extensive and systematic restoration works of its walls.  I was a little bored with the whole idea of walking around the inner walls of the old city, so we walked further down the road to book Peter's bus ticket.
 The above photo is Peter entering the walls of the Kastro of Ioannina.
 The photo is of one lucky turtle who managed to cross the road before the cars crushed it to oblivion.
 The photo above is of a BBQ.  Why?, because my wife wants a new one, and I thought this one would be perfect and cheap.

The rest of the day was spent doing nothing other than laying down watching TV, looking out our balcony and resting.  I have to get up nice and early and hopefully get away by 7am to start the long ride south to Athens.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment