The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Piraeus to Chios. Overnight voyage.


The photo above is myself trying to get some sleep on the deck of the ship last night. I do my best work on my back.    



We left the hotel at 7.30pm and made our way onto the docks of Piraeus and located wharf E2 where our ship was leaving from. The journey would start at 9pm and arrive at 5am the following morning on the Greek island of Chios.  And that is what exactly happened.


It's really hard to get any sleep on these ships, especially when you decide to pay for the cheapest ticket which is sleeping on the deck.  People put their heads on tables and tried to get a couple of hours sleep, but Peter and I decided to pull out our camping mats and sleep on the floor.

I did manage to get about 3 hours sleep in total, but by the time we reached Chios I was dying to find our guesthouse called 'Chios Rooms' and catch up on some much needed sleep.

Our room is really great with an amazing view of the harbour.  We're going to chill out for the next couple of days, do some walking, do some eating, and finish off with some sleep.  I tried to book a motorcycle for tomorrow but with no licence, no motorbike.  Doesn't matter, Peter is going to go for a ride on his bike and I'm doing nothing.
 The above photo was taken from our balcony.
 The photo above was taken from our balcony.
 The photo above is of our palace on the water front in Chios.

Feeling pretty good now after a couple of days off the bike, but looking to turning the pedals again come Sunday.  We've been in contact with our buddy Len and he's already in Cesme waiting to join the DFC.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment