The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

What a week in the Andes. Heading to Bariloche to meet up with Peter and Ema Felvus.

This week has been a tough week, over 700 kms of riding in some of the toughest conditions I've ever ridden in. From sand to rock, snow and rain, we all battled through it and came out strong in Chos Malal our rest stop for today.

Perhaps the major event was winning the 153 km stage solo from start to finish. I was pretty tired at the end but it did give me a buzz winning my 3rd stage for the tour.
 The above photo was taken Buck Benson at one of our campsites during the week. Notice the boys were too soft in diving in and only got their feet wet.
 The above photo was taken yesterday during our tough stage into Chos Malal.
 The above photo was taken during the recent Sydney to Gong charity bike ride. The 2 guys are Geoff Stratton on the back and Geoff Hunter on the front. I ride with these guys with eXsight Tandems of the Illawarra. You will not meet a finer bunch of people in your life. I look forward to getting back and riding with them on Tuesdays again.
 The above photo was taken during Sydney to Gong ride last week as the 2 Geoffrey's cross the Sea Cliff Bridge.
The above photo was taken when I crossed the line for a stage victory during the week.

The week ahead will take us over 700 kms from Chos Malal to Bariloche, Argentina. I know tomorrow is 161 kms of racing, but I don't if I'll take part in the race because the winds are horrendous at the moment. As we say in Australia, 'it would blow a dog off its chain'. 

From this point on in the tour we will be mostly camping. I hope to keep you updated with my journey to the end of the world.

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment