The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Major sponsor: Cottonwood Lodge, Snowy Cycling happy with win. A day resting at Victoria Falls.

The best accommodation in the Snowy Mountains of Australia.

Today I've been doing very little other than sitting around the pool and relaxing. Yesterday I was till tired from the ride, but managed to go down to the falls to check out one of the 7 wonders of the world.  We got drenched with the spray and the roar of the water pouring down into the river floor was just mind blowing.

We then headed off to the bungy jump platform on the Victoria Falls Bridge.  Now this place brings back good memories, because this was the bridge Josh jumped off in 2003 when we did the cycling trip.  I just stood their and watched the young ones take the leap into the abyss, it's sheer stupidity if you ask me.  No way would I ever jump off that bridge for a million dollars.

Earlier today we went up to the town of Livingstone and checked out the Dr Livingstone Musuem and of course went for the mandatory haircut to get rid of the excess grey stuff.  Tomorrow we start our ride to Botswana which we should enter around 9am.  I'm not sure of the distances we have to cover for the next 5 days to Maun, but as long as the weather is good, we should have a blast.

Rodney and I standing too close to the edge of Victoria Falls.


This is pool at the Royal Livingstone.  Absolutely brilliant.

These Zebras roam around the grounds of the Royal Livingstone.

This is my type of Doctor.  Sign spotted by Lindsay.
 The updates will be done by Matt over the next couple of days, and I'll file a comprehensive update in 5 days time.  So good health to everyone back home, and I look forward in particular to kicking Josh and Ashley's arse upon my return.  I'm going to cause you pain boys.
Too close to the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment