The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Monday, May 23, 2011

NOT A GOOD DAY TODAY. SERIOUS CRASH.

I got up nice and early today to go for a ride up over the hills of the Illawarra.  After riding about 15kms I had a dog come out and tried to rip my leg apart.  As I tried to kick the dog I swerved onto the wrong side of the ride and had a head on collision with a car.

I smashed the windscreen and destroyed my 10speed carbon fibre bike.  My clothing was destroyed when the ambulance officer cut my clothing off.

photo taken at home after being cleaned up and released from hospital
Basically I'm slightly bruised and battered and will need some time to get better.  Going to see the dentist tomorrow to see if my teeth can be put back into place.

7 comments:

  1. Holy crap,

    Not trying to be a smartass for a change !!! Get better soon!!!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, not good... =/

    I guess you were lucky, everything considered. Good luck on your recovery. I hope to see you on a bike again soon. =)

    Kristian P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry, im so sorry. I hope you heal up fast. You've got our love and concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terry,

    OMG, I'm so sorry. Hoping for your quick recovery.
    I just wanted to show my husband the nice australian guy and what I see is a picture of a ZOMBIE.
    Get better soon and good luck with the dentist.

    Your friend
    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you the fastest recovery Terry and you'll be back on the bike before you know it.

    Take care,
    Omar
    Cairo, Egypt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Terry, You look alot better than you did on Monday Morning, here's to a speedy recovery, all the best mate - Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terry. Really sorry, hope the dentist can help and that you get well and back on the bike real soon. Keep us updated.
    Best wishes Lynda

    ReplyDelete