The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Home again, safe and sound without the silver bullet.


Spending my last day in Africa with my lead out man Peter Lamond.  The shirts relate to the charities I've been supporting.

you travel 12,000ks from Cairo to Cape town now you have to do it all again to get home, Cape town to Sydney, Australia.

This is what we eat when given the opportunity.

The board at Sydney International Airport.

After 4 months of cycling through Africa, and celebrating the achievement at the
V & A Waterfront I spent the last day with Peter.  I stayed out at his home with
Viv his wife and 2 dogs and was treated like a king.  I had no doubt that that
would be the case because of the kind heartedness of both of them.

We had a great day down at Kalk Bay and driving around the spectacular
countryside of the Western Cape of South Africa. 

With a good night's sleep Viv took me out to the golf club to buy some presents
for the folks back home and then it was time to go to the Cape town
airport for my first leg to Johannesburg.

I had originally been scheduled to fly out at 12.45pm but this flight was
cancelled and I had to catch another flight at 2pm.  It was sad to say
goodbye to Peter and Viv, but I'm getting use to sad farewells with
my travelling.  I'm sure I'll see them again when I plan the next
ulimate cycle journey.  You'll have to stay tuned for the next journey. 

So I made it Johannesburg, checked in, bought some duty free stuff,
whether I really needed it or not, and jumped onboard the flying kangaroo to
 'take me home'. 

Graciella and Matt met me at the airport and it was so nice to see my family again, 
For some the time dragged on, but for me it flew.  I had 80 people around me
everyday to keep me company and this made the trip much more easier to cope with.

There will be more updates and photos coming, but I've been at home for
 about 3 hours now and I really need to sleep, I'm stuffed. 

A special mention goes to Luke Naish, Peter Lamond,
Mr Rodney Hilton Sanders, and many more, for being outstanding friends in my life.
The Silver Bullet @ my bicycle was donated to the Songo charity
in Cape town, South Africa.  This charity helps other young disadvantage
 children to get out on bikes and have some serious fun. 
I'm sure the bike will go to a good home.

1 comment:

  1. CBS Sports has the latest NFL Football news, live scores, player stats, standings, fantasy games, and projections. Chiefs football

    ReplyDelete