The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rambor deliver final donation to eXsight Tandems Final total raised $10,458.60



Last night I went to visit Peter Mastalir of Rambor to receive the donation his company kindly donated.  Rambor was the company that owned the seciton Windhoek Namibia to Cape town, South Africa.  During the section many of my friends received the Rambor Cycling jersey and wore it with great pride. It was pretty neat riding  along the spectacular desert roads of Namibia wearing the sponsor's jersey.  I certainly got some attention with the Rambo Motto on my back.

After all the hard work, fundraising, charity night, a gentle ride in the park from Cairo to Capetown, I've completed the challenge of raising $10,000.00. I can now rest.

Tim Manton from eXsight Tandems received the final cheques from my sponsors, so all we have to do is buy some tandems and get more visually impaired people out on the bikes.

To everyone who helped me raise the money and to my friends from Tour D Afrique, a big thank you.

I wish you all safe riding and remember to come and visit the land down under.  It truly is an amazing place.

For those who live in the Illawarra area, I'm doing a 1 hour interview on the Cairo to Cape town journey.  VoxFM radio 106.9 Friday 17th June 2011.

1 comment:

  1. They have to know about this .. sometimes it may useful that.. Buying a bike tire shouldn't be too complicated. But there are lots of variables. Width, tread, diameter, material, etc., are all factors that affect performance and durability.Bikes Brisbane

    ReplyDelete