The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Guest speaker, Rotary International, Rotary Club of Illawarra Sunrise.

Rotary Club of Illawarra Sunrise.  Wollongong, Australia.
Today I got the chance to speak about my adventure and the adventure of many of my friends during the 2011 Cairo to Cape town journey.  As guest speaker I got to meet many members of the Rotary Club of Illawarra Sunrise Branch.  I would like to thank Rowan Huxtable for the kind invitation, and to the President, Directors and members for their generous donation to eXsight Tandems of the Illawarra.

After a fantastic breakfast whilst looking out over the Pacific Ocean of Wollongong, I got to tell my story.

I don't know who got more joy out of the presentation, myself reliving the amazing journey with some of the nicest people in the world or my audience.

I got the chance to hear first hand the wonderful work Rotary International do around the world, and I do urge my friends to donate from the heart next time you meet a Rotarian seeking donations.

W hat would it take to change the world? Rotary International is the world's first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Rotary club members are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace, and eradicate polio under the motto Service Above Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment