The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ilia to Izvin. Temperature rising.

 Last night I crashed. What a great sleep until 6.15am when I had to get out of bed. When I get back home I'm going to sleep in as much as I like.  I'm the boss and I can do whatever I like.

We rolled out of our nice little pension at 7.45am.  Maurice and Mary left around 7.15 to head start because we had a mountain to climb.  The ride today would take us to the town of Faget.  First we had to climb another mountain,so our google map indicated.  This time the mountain was nothing more than a big hill. The best thing about a hill is roaring down the other side as fast as possible. 
 The photo above was taken on the outskirts of Faget, Romania. 
 After the town of Faget we turned off over the railway tracks and got onto the 609B which is classed as a country road.  This was much better than another highway to hell.  As we passed villages we came across one of particular note. We noticed an aeroplane sitting in the front yard of a small coffee house.  The interesting thing about the aeroplane was that it had chimneys.  Obviously someone came up with the great idea of making an old aeroplane and turning it into their home.  I've got no idea how they got the plane to where it is now.  We didn't stop to find out as we still had a long way to go before we reached the end of the day.

 In this region there are a lot of vegetables being grown.  The photo above is a cabbage patch, now isn't that interesting.
The photo above was the 609B which was bump after bump after bump for about 40kms.  There was little protection from the burning sun, but at least we had the wind behind us pushing us along for the first time of the tour.  Usually we had the wind in our face from start to finish. 

If you look closely at the photo to the right, you will see it's a cannabis plant.  I found this growing at the front fence of the house we were sitting at for our afternoon stop.  It was confirmed by smell not through smoking.

As we reached the town of Costeiu which was where we entered the main highway again, it was all smooth sailing for the next 40kms until we reached the town of Izvin.  Izvin is our home for the night.

The hotel we're staying at is called Hotel Roco.  It has everything we need and it costs roughly $22 per head. Breakfast will be served at 7.30am so we can get a start on the day.  We intend to ride 130 tomorrow to reach Hungary.

Now all I have to do is eat as much as possible for dinner, get a great night's sleep, and I'll be a happy camper who has been to the town of Faget and survived.

Today's total was 115kms in near perfect conditions.

I've also posted my weekly video update.  I hope you enjoy.

Until tomorrow, safe riding


No comments:

Post a Comment