The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Recovering well, update on Tour 2012.



It's now 4 weeks since I entered hospital and I have another 2 weeks of relaxation before I get back on the bike.  

This weeks tour update:

So, where do I begin.  I've had alot of emails over the past fortnight and I hope to address some of those matters.  Firstly the price has been decreased from $5000 to $4000AUS.  The reason for this is that some have questioned the price of the tour and how much would go to the charity out of the entry fee.  For this reason I've reduced the costs and now request participants to raise $1000 for the Guide Dogs of NSW/ACT.  This money will be handed to the charity at the steps of the Sydney Opera House when we get to our final destination.  To all Australian participants, this $1000 is tax deductable.

In relation to the equipment you will need to participate in the tour,  I recommend a road bike not a mountain bike.  Age is no barrier to the tour, anyone under the age of 16 years will need a support/guardian to participate for legal reasons.

The ride is still planned for departure on the 1st August 2012 and finishing on the 2nd September 2012.  Any changes will only be to the starting day and this could be 1 day earlier, and of course I'll let you know as the time gets closer.

So safe riding and I'll see you back on the bike in 2 weeks.

Regards Terry


1 comment: