The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekly Update of 2012 cycle tour.

Time for that weekly update.  At this stage the number of interested cyclists for the tour next year is 10.  I need 15 at the minimum to go ahead. 

In relation to bag weight, I know TDA was around the 43kg limit, in this tour the bag limit will be 30kgs per person.  This of course is not including your bicycle.  So if you're bags are weighed in at 35kgs, I get to keep the excess.

When taking your bike on the plane, a good option is to send a letter off to the airline with the authorisation letter I have from the Guide Dogs NSW/Act indicating the ride is for charity.  I know Singapore Airlines accept the letters and in my case they gave me a 10kg bonus when I flew to Cairo this year.  This would apply to all airlines around the world, not sure about Qantas. 
.
A full itinery will be sent out closer to the date. 

It will be the responsibility of the cyclist to get himself and his bike to the starting line in Perth.

The camping grounds I've chosen nearly all have cabins that you can stay in if you're sick of sleeping in your smelly, damp tents. 

I'm sure the real hard tough aussie cyclists will be camping all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment