The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Singapore Airlines, the company that supports vision impaired cyclists.

 It's now 7 days before Peter and I head off to Istanbul to commence our bicycle trip through Turkey and eastern Europe.  I should first thank Singapore Airlines for coming on board and providing assistance with our flights.  During the 4 month trip it is our goal to raise funds for eXsight Tandems and vision impaired cyclists. The money we raise goes directly to eXsight Tandems and not one cent is spent on our tour.

Like last time, I ask that followers of my journey to hit the donate (via Paypal button) on the right of the screen and make a small donation.   Your donation helps vision impaired people and others with disabilities to take a seat on the back of a tandem and go for a ride.  I'm not sure who gets more satisfaction out of riding the tandems, myself or my riding partner.  Please help make a difference and make that donation.
This is a photo of Peter my riding partner on the tour and Michelle during last weekends' Sutherland to Wollongong bike ride.  Michelle represented Australia at the last Paralympics and is a regular rider with eXsight.
The photo above was taken during our ride from Sutherland to Wollongong last Saturday.  We get to see some amazing sights on our tandems and this has to be one of the best in the world.  If you look hard enough you can see my house in the distance.

Well, all the packing is done, and it's time to go for a ride with my son over the next couple of days.

As I always say,  until tomorrow,  safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment