The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Istanbul is around the corner.

It's now 2 weeks before we fly out to Istanbul for our 15 week cycling tour of Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Slovenia, Bosnia, Greece and Croatia.  Basically we're going for a ride with no real plan.  Once we leave Istanbul we've got a fair idea where we want to head, but if we don't get there, that's life.

The chap in the photo above is one of my cycling buddies, David Powell. This photo is taken looking down on where we live.  Yep, the mighty Gong.  It was one hell of a walk climbing up the mountain, but the view from the top makes it all worthwhile.
 This photo depicts what is usually going on in my head most days.

Now,  I'm still involved with eXsight Tandems of the Illawarra.  Some of the nicest people you could ever meet.  This weekend will be my last ride with them for over 4 months.  We're riding from Sutherland to the Gong through the National Park.  Should be a great ride.

There is a website that you can also follow my trip on;  Peter is one of the guys I'll be riding with.  I'm not sure at this stage if Len will be travelling with us.
http://peterfelvus.wordpress.com/

So stay tuned for another story from the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment