The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

24 hours till lift off.


Well it's 1 day before I head off to meet up with my cycling buddy Len DeMoss in the Philippines.  We'll be catching the plane to Cambodia on the 5 March and arriving back in Manilla on the 22 April 2013.

Recently I had my bike overhauled with new XT Shimano brakes.  The AVIDS I had on were terrible.  Riding in extreme heat would cause the brake fluid to expand and my brakes would come on making riding impossible.  I was advised by a good friend Luke Dale that this was common with this brand of brakes.

The new brakes are fantastic and I have to thank Spearman Cycles of Wollongong who did the work in such short time.  You will see from my earlier trip that Spearman Cycles is a proud supporter of Vision Impaired cyclists of the Illawarra and eXsight Tandems.

If you ever need professional service when buying a bike or repairing your old rust bucket, go and see David or Ryan.  But don't tell them I sent you.

Don't forget to hit the paypal button and make a small donation to eXsight Tandems.  Keeping the tandems on the road costs money, our total insurance for all tandems is close to $1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment