The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Friday, November 11, 2011

The perfect 'old bag'.

Although the bag has seen better days, this is the type of bag recommended for the tour.  I took this one along on the Cairo to Capetown trip and it survived quite well.  I'll be taking it again in 2012 West To East Tour.

I purchased the bag on ebay (Australia) for about $40 AUS.  It suppose to be a 70 litre size bag.  Roughly 90cm X 45cm.  This bag is big enough for the tent, sleeping bag, roll out mat and all the gear you need for 33 days.  You don't need to bring the kitchen sink with you as we're already bringing one with us. 

The weight limit for this tour is 30kgs per cyclist.  This does not include your bike as you'll be riding it EVERY day, with exception of a rest day here and there.

A bag like this will make it easy for the staff to unload and load the vehicles.  If you have any dietary requests, let me know so we can cater for them.  I can't cook to save my life, so all requests will be promptly forwarded onto the chef.  Mr Daniel.

Not long to 'D' day.  So safe riding and stay tuned.

Regards Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment