The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Meeting Author Mark Morgan prior to his book launch. RATOON, THE NEXT GENERATION. Absolutely brilliant reading.

Every now and then I get to meet someone famous. During my ride through South America this year, I met the famous Buck Benson and now I've got to meet Author Mark Morgan.

The book titled RATOON, THE NEXT GENERATION is one of those books I had to keep reading. I read some pretty good books whilst on holidays, but this one is up there with the best. The official launch of the book is early 2015, but Mark has allowed me to invite my readers to grab a copy prior to it's launch.

The brief story is that in 1964 Michael Lamond was ten years old and surfing was the last thing on his mind. He lived a dull and stifling existence on a sugar cane farm in remote North Queensland , Australia, and until his parents bought a holiday house on the coast he had no idea at all what life had to offer.

During the family's first summer holiday a sequence of events was triggered that would forever change and influence Michael's life. Through new found friendships he soon discovered a natural affinity with the ocean that allowed him to do things on a surfboard that no- one else had ever imagined possible.

Michael's surfing adventure almost ended before it began and his journey to the final of the local surfing competition takes him through the highs and lows of family conflict, tragedy, romance, and adventure, with plenty of surfing thrown into the mix.

Living and surfing in the 60's, that was the life.

Now after reading the book I put a couple of questions to Mark about what happened to a certain character mentioned throughout the story. His replied with a smile and waited for a moment and said,

'You will have to wait Terry for the sequel, and that might explain everything, but don't hold me to it'. 

The photo above shows myself receiving the novel RATOON, THE NEXT GENERATION, from Author Mark Morgan. I asked Mark could he kindly sign my copy, and below is what is now and forever inscribed at the front of my book.
NOT FUNNY MARK.
If you would like a copy of the book I've attached a list of contacts. I personally recommend this book to people of all ages.

Available now in paperback and ebook format through:

Until tomorrow, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment