The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

The Garmin 1000 is the leading edge.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The greatest gift is to give to others. Thank you Daniel Stone.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been trying to collect some good cycling jerseys from my friends in my home town of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. The reason for collecting the jerseys was because in 2011 when I was competing in the Cairo to Capetown bicycle tour, I met an amazing man named Brian Sianyeuka. Brian lives in Lusaka, Zambia, and is a very keen cyclists.  I sent Brian an Illawarra Cycle Club jersey when I came back from Africa and he wears the jersey with pride. From travelling to Africa in the past I know how hard it is to get reasonably priced cycling jerseys, so I though I should do something nice.

After harassing my friends I got over 20 jerseys.

I would like to thank Luke Walshe, Graham Rutter, Tim Manton, Barry Buckley and me, for donating some fantastic clothing and to Daniel Stone for delivering them to Brian at Lusaka airport earlier today. The photo below is of Brian wearing the Illawarra Cycle Club jersey that was donated by Frank Soto of Soto Consulting Engineers.


Daniel is a heading to a game park for a couple of weeks and then going to meet up with my son Josh for a medical placement in Johannesburg in the coming weeks.  Without Daniel's help the cost of sending the clothing would have been over the top.

I look forward to posting some more photos of the Zambian riders wearing the donated gear.

Once again, until the 28th July 2014, safe riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment